Looking to grow your ecommerce business? Choose Shopify.
So you’ve heard about Shopify?
Do you think it might be the answer to all of your e-commerce needs?
Perhaps you’re using a different e-commerce platform such as Squarespace or BigCommerce and you’re feeling limited with how much you can customise and maintain on your own.
Or maybe you have encountered problems with customer loyalty, their experience, their satisfaction, and your business growth. And we bet you can’t find the right technology to track your results to begin improving these areas, either?
If you answered yes to these questions, Shopify could be the missing piece to your business success!
With over 800,000 active users worldwide and a reported $100 BILLION in sales, it’s no wonder Shopify has taken over the market full speed, guns blazing. Now ranked the fastest growing SaaS (software as a service) company in the world, it’s a good choice to pick.
‘We focus on making commerce better for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best: building and selling their products.’
And that’s what you’re looking to do, right?
Ok, so what are the benefits to choosing Shopify?
As we mentioned above, Shopify is an established SaaS solution platform (a cloud-based system). This makes it super accessible for e-commerce brands of all sizes, all over the globe.
By using Shopify, ecommerce merchants can utilise the various features and grow their business using just one starting point, the internet.
Shopify offers a multitude of benefits, including:
- Site maintenance by Shopify including updates, bug fixes and patch management
- Monthly subscriptions (great for budgeting as a business)
- Scalability – additional services and apps can be integrated to help your online business grow, huge bonus!
- Accessibility – available on any device with access to the internet
By offering free, easy to use templates and access to one of the largest teams of professional designers, Shopify helps keep your business about you; fresh, original and accessible. The ability to integrate apps to customise is an indispensable functionality, enhancing your customer’s buyer journey.
You can even customise your search bar to match your branding with one of our favourite clients, Klevu.
The Shopify App Ecosystem
We wanted to go into this a little further because we think it is one of the biggest benefits to using Shopify as an ecommerce platform.
Shopify has a plethora of supportive apps that can be quickly and easily integrated into Shopify powered stores for immediate effect, most of which are customizable to your brand too.
These apps can be used to enhance every aspect of your business from label printing, to store design and everything in between.
Take your pick from 1000s available on the Shopify store, here.
Who is Shopify right for?
The short Answer? Basically everyone who wants to run an online store.
Shopify suits a wide variety of e-commerce businesses from the small business owner who wants to get started (Basic Shopify) right up to the more advanced, large scale operations requiring a few extra details (hello premium platform ShopifyPlus).
No coding experience needed
Shopify has been developed for e-commerce brands of all sizes – those with large teams and those going it alone. Shopify’s founders wanted the platform to be easy to set-up and maintain as well as accessible to those with little or no coding experience, who might feel intimidated by the technical side of things.
However, Shopify has some notable advanced features for those who are more technically savvy, including detailed reporting and the ability to edit CSS and HTML for customisation purposes.
As mentioned above, Shopify has three packages to choose from; Basic Shopify, Shopify and Advanced Shopify.
Basic Shopify – includes everything you need to get started with your ecommerce business such as:
- E-commerce website with blogging functionality – keep customers up-to-date with relevant posts and product information
- Multiple sales channels – sell through online marketplaces and social media
- Abandoned cart facility – that handy second chance saloon!
- SSL certificate – keeping you and your business secure
- Fraud Analysis – protecting you and your customers data.
Shopify – includes all the features of Basic Shopify but is aimed more towards business growth.
This one includes:
- Access to professional reports
- Gift Cards
- Reduced payment provider rates outside of Shopify
- Unlimited Shopify staff PINs
Shopify Advanced – an array of impressive features for scaling your business including:
- Advanced report builder – all your stats, in one place without the need for outside assistance
- Best rates for credit card payments and outside payment gateways
- Third-party calculated shipping rates – show own shipping rates or those from integrated third-party apps at checkout
- Up to 15 staff accounts
All things considered, we feel Shopify is not only a great place to start your online selling journey but also a valuable tool for an already growing business. The use of app integration to amplify originality and increase joy in shopping online is our favourite feature and one we think can improve any ecommerce store.
Kudos to Shopify for creating an accessible, speedy and powerful ecommerce platform.
We love it and think you will too!